16 Jan 2017 #NavGivesBack Community Involvement
Navigate is a regional business, so we don’t just work in the Philadelphia area, we live here too. That’s why it’s important that we share our time and resources with non-profits and other organizations in the area to help provide support and growth opportunities for our friends, neighbors, and fellow community members.
This is a key aspect of the Navigate culture, and it’s ingrained in everything we do. Our team is encouraged to take the time to pursue causes that are important to them, with the company’s support. As a company, Navigate actively participates in charity events, organizes team-wide volunteer programs, and makes an effort to share our resources with organizations that we believe are making a meaningful impact in the region.
Our 2017 Involvement
In 2017, our team completed 785 hours of volunteer work! Here’s just a sample of our participation:
– The Global Leadership Institute and Bodine High School. Some of our team members completed the one-year Global Leadership Institute (GLI) program. One major aspect of the program is service. They helped to organize a service day with Bodine High School in Philadelphia to make cosmetic improvements to the classrooms. They also helped to organize an essay workshop to work with students on their college applications.
– Compass for Greater Philadelphia. Ian Waxman was elected to the Board of Directors. As a member of the board, Ian contributes to organizational governance, strategic planning, support of Compass programs and services, and fundraising. Other team members volunteered with Compass, serving on teams that supported the Nationalities Services Center and the Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF).
– Walk a Mile in Her Shoes. Our Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) sponsored a team of Navigate men for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, bringing awareness to domestic and sexual violence against women. Our team members – and hundreds of others – put on high heels and literally walked a mile in women’s shoes to support Laurel House, a comprehensive domestic violence agency.
– Share Food Program of Philadelphia. The Share Food Program is a non-profit organization serving a regional network of community organizations engaged in food distribution, education, and advocacy. For our 2017 service day, our team spent the day with the organization, packing boxes of food. We also made a contribution to the organization in lieu of sending holiday gifts from the company.
– Movember. This movement addresses some of the biggest health issues facing men. This year seven Navigate men grew mustaches (five of them are pictured above!) for the month of November and raised money for the organization. This is the third year our team has participated in Movember, and we like to vote for the winning mustache among our participants – a little in-house tradition to go along with our support of an important cause.
“Community involvement is a key aspect of our firm’s identity, and I’m so proud of our team’s commitment to local outreach,” said Rob Kathol, Founder and CEO. “Everyone at Navigate has unique passions and causes that they care about, and it’s rewarding to see them take action and do their part to make a real difference in the region.”
We look forward to continuing our community involvement in 2018. Learn more about the work we do here.