To achieve your unique definition of success, a defined and well-communicated strategy must guide all decisions and activities. With the proper alignment of operations and people, and the support of effective leaders, your company will perform in harmony, ready to grow and evolve according to your business objectives.
Strategic Planning project for a large Private Equity company
The client was struggling to put in place a consistent framework for its portfolio companies to articulate their strategic plan consistently and in a manner to help them drive growth and support the client’s ongoing portfolio appraisal efforts.
Navigate worked with the client to:
- Document its requirements for portfolio company strategic planning and reporting
- Review existing portfolio company strategic plans and appraisal documentation against those requirements
- Create an outline for a strategic plan that leverages previously successful techniques and templates, and satisfies the client’s requirements for planning and reporting
Navigate delivered a “Strategy Articulation and Execution Roadmap” that included:
- A one-page strategic plan graphic that illustrates the different strategic components that the client wants each portfolio company to define and show how they are related
- Descriptions and examples of facilitation techniques and exercises to elicit creative thought in strategic planning
- Templates for strategic planning deliverables and strategic project planning, scoping, execution, and oversight
Strategy Articulation project for a global Financial Services company
The client sought outside assistance to help articulate and execute a team alignment and strategic plan that is actionable and would improve employee alignment with company goals.
Navigate worked collaboratively with the client to formalize its strategic plan, strategic objectives, and key performance indicators. Our approach included:
- Planning and facilitating a one-day, off-site retreat with the Executive Team to define the dimensions of a shared vision for success around which to rally the entire organization
- Conducting one-on-one interviews with the Executive Team
- Compiling all feedback documented during the project into common themes
Navigate provided a Team Alignment and Sustainability Plan that included:
- Documentation of the common themes that emerged to be used as guiding principles for articulating the initiative and putting it into action
- A “Strategic Plan on a Page” graphic, detailing the client’s strategy and including mission, vision, core values, strategic initiatives, and key performance metrics
- Recommendations for a comprehensive communication strategy designed to articulate and reinforce the strategic plan at all levels, and more efficiently support the business objectives